Hormel Foods is excited to announce a raffle drawing to purchase ticket(s) for a chance to win a Meet & Greet with The Band Perry. The raffle drawing is open to the general public and each raffle ticket is $5. There are 5,000 available tickets and they can be purchased on a first come, first served basis. Interested parties can purchase as many tickets as they desire through the Hormel Historic Home, Hormel Nature Center and/or members of Hormel Foods’ Employee Resource Groups. Tickets will be available for purchase until 1 p.m. on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 or when tickets run out.
The official raffle drawing will take place on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at the Hormel Foods Corporate Office where 40 winners will be chosen. Winners do not need to be present to win and will be contacted by Hormel Foods following the drawing. The name on the winning ticket does not have to be the person who attends the Meet & Greet. Winning ticket holders may give their winning ticket to whomever they choose. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to reply within 10 days, the potential winner forfeits the prize and a new winner will be selected from remaining entries.
The Meet & Greet will take place at the Hormel Historic Home on Friday, July 29 from 7-7:30 p.m. A winning ticket allows entrance for one (1) person to attend the Meet & Greet with The Band Perry. All winners who attend the Meet & Greet will receive an autographed photo.
All proceeds from the raffle ticket sales will go to support the non-profit in which the ticket was purchased from:
- The Hormel Historic Home strives to preserve the home and history of the George A. and Lillian Hormel Family. Their mission is to maintain the home and to honor the family’s legacy of hospitality, music/arts, education and community service.
- The Jay C. Hormel Nature Center preserve features restored and remnant prairie, hardwood forest, wetlands and meandering streams. The Nature Center provides free programing to the general public.
- Raffle tickets purchased from Hormel Employee Resource Groups will benefit Project SPAMMY®. For more than eight years, Hormel Foods and Project SPAMMY® have been working with partners in Guatemala to fight malnutrition. Hormel Foods specifically designed and developed SPAMMY®, a shelf-stable poultry product fortified with vitamins and minerals, to help malnourished children in Guatemala. Working with Food For The Poor and Caritas Arquidiocesana to distribute the product to family centers and orphanages, Hormel Foods has contributed more than 11 million cans of SPAMMY® since the inception of the project.
If you have question questions about the Meet & Greet with The Band Perry or the raffle drawing, please contact Jaime Annis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet & Greet with the Band Perry Official Rules
- Eligibility: The Meet & Greet with The Band Perry Raffle (the “Raffle”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are the age of majority in their state of residence at the time of entry. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Affiliate’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Raffle.
- Proceeds: Proceeds of the Raffle will be split between the Sponsor and the Affiliates, with each entity receiving the proceeds from the tickets it sells. Each participating entity has a limited number of tickets available for sale.
- Sponsor: University Of Minnesota Foundation, Minnesota Non-Profit, 200 Oak Street SE, Suite 500, Minneapolis, MN 55455-2010.
- Affiliates: Friends of the Hormel Nature Center, Minnesota Non-Profit, 1304 21st Street NE, Austin, MN 55912. Hormel Historic Home Inc., MN Non-Profit, 208 NW 4 Ave, Austin, MN 55912
Food For The Poor, Inc. – Project SPAMMY, Florida Non-Profit, 6401 Lyons Rd, Coconut Creek, FL 33073
- Entry/Timing: 5,000 Raffle tickets will be available for sale beginning June 1, 2016 and ending July 12, 2016 through Sponsor and Affiliates at a cost of $5 per ticket. Any money received for Raffle purposes after that time will either be returned or treated as a contribution to the Sponsor or Affiliate who sold the ticket. There is no limit to the number of tickets an individual may purchase. The maximum number of tickets available is 5,000.
- Entrants: Each individual ticket is a single entry into the Raffle. The first name listed on any ticket shall be deemed the “entrant” for Raffle purposes (“Entrant”). Each prize will be awarded to the Entrant. If more than one individual contributed funds toward a winning ticket, it is the responsibility of the Entrant, not the Sponsor or Affiliates, to compensate each contributor accordingly.
- Drawings: Winner need not be present to win. Winners will be selected based on random draw on or about July 13, 2016 at approximately 1:00 p.m. Central Time by Sponsor in Austin, MN. Each potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, publicity release (if not prohibited by law), and any other necessary documents, including required tax documents within the specified time period. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to reply within 10 days, the potential winner forfeits the prize and a new winner will be selected from remaining entries. All winners must present proof of identification to Sponsor and Affiliates satisfaction and their winning entry stub to claim prize.
(1) Meet & Greet with The Band Perry on July 29, 2016
Any taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner, unless otherwise indicated above. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution or cash equivalent is allowed except in Sponsor’s sole discretion or as otherwise stated above. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of the same approximate retail value, if for some reason the above prize is unavailable. Prize consists only of items specifically listed as part of the prize. All costs and expenses not specified herein, related to any prize or incurred by accepting a prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize descriptions are based on information provided by donor and have not been verified by Sponsor. The approximate value listed reflects a good faith estimate of fair market value.
- Release: By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Affiliates and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Raffle, prize-related travel or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Winner agrees that this release and Agreement shall be binding upon winner’s survivors, heirs, descendants, administrators, executors and all others who have or may have a legal claim or rights by virtue of winner’s participation in this Raffle and winning of any prize.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Raffle constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and Affiliates’ and their agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment, consideration or approval rights.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming used in the Raffle; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Raffle; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Raffle or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Raffle or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Raffle. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. Any liability of Sponsor or Affiliates is limited to the amount of the ticket purchase.
In the event the Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Raffle, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Raffle is undermined by any event or cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s control, the Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Raffle without notice or further obligation and award the prize from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such event.
- Disputes: By entering, entrant agrees to accept and abide by the rules of this Raffle and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Raffle, rule interpretation or award of prize, shall be resolved by Sponsor, whose decision shall be binding and final. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Minnesota. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Raffle will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by the appropriate federal or Minnesota state court. Should there be a conflict between the laws of Minnesota and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Minnesota. All judgments or awards shall be limited to the cost of the Raffle ticket and shall not include attorney’s fees or any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
ABOUT HORMEL FOODS
Hormel Foods Corporation, based in Austin, Minn., is a multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer-branded food and meat products, many of which are among the best known and trusted in the food industry. Hormel Foods, which leverages its extensive expertise, innovation and high competencies in pork and turkey processing and marketing to bring branded, value-added products to the global marketplace, will celebrate its 125th anniversary in 2016. The company is a member of the Standard & Poor’s (S&P) 500 Index, S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats, and was named one of “The 100 Best Corporate Citizens” by Corporate Responsibility Magazine for the eighth year in a row. Hormel Foods also received a perfect score on the 2016 Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index, was recognized on the 2016 Best for Vets Employers List by Military Times, and was named one of the 2016 Best Companies for Leaders by Chief Executive magazine. The company enjoys a strong reputation among consumers, retail grocers, foodservice and industrial customers for products highly regarded for quality, taste, nutrition, convenience and value. For more information, visit http://www.hormelfoods.com.